COVID 19 Safety Plan
COVID 19 Safety Plan
Moira Haagen Counselling & Consulting
- This Safety Plan is intended to be consistent with the information provided by WorkSafeBC.
- Clients are asked to stay home and reschedule appointments: (1) if they are experiencing any symptoms of COVID 19, including fever, chills, new or worsening cough, shortness of breath, new muscle aches, headache or gastrointestinal upset; (2) if they have travelled outside of British Columbia within the last 14 days; and (3) if they are a close contact of a person who has tested positive for COVID-19. The cancellation policy of 48 hours notice will be suspended in the circumstances described above.
- Appointments will be staggered sufficiently to limit contact with other clients, maintain physical distancing, and permit time between client appointments for sanitizing of high touch surfaces in the office.
- The maximum number of clients seen jointly will be limited to two from the same social cohort in order to ensure that physical distancing can be maintained.
- Clients are asked to observe the markings on the floor to maintain the physical distancing requirement between themselves and Moira.
- There will be no physical contact between Moira and clients such as shaking of hands.
- On arriving and on leaving an appointment, clients are to wash their hands with soap and water. Effective handwashing practices recommended by WorkSafeBC are posted at the office entrance and in the washroom. Clients are also encouraged to use the hand sanitizer that is available at the office entry, in the washroom, and in the therapy space.
- As an additional protective measure, disposable non-medical face masks and gloves are available for clients to use on arrival. WorkSafeBC instructions on how to use a mask are posted at the entry to the office.
- Upon arrival, clients will have the option to place jackets or purses in a container at the office entrance. This container will be cleaned and disinfected between appointments.
- Clients need to bring their own beverage should they wish to have a beverage during their appointment.
- A mobile plexiglass barrier will be used as an additional physical protection for Moira and clients during sessions.
- WorkSafeBC instructions on covering coughs and sneezes are posted and it is strongly recommended that they are followed.
- A wastebasket lined with a plastic bag is provided for the disposal of waste such as face tissues, non-medical face masks, gloves etc. Clients are encouraged to use it. The plastic bag liner will be taken away regularly and replaced.
- Payment will be restricted to cheque or electronic transfer. Receipts for sessions will be sent by e-mail.